日本語版はこちら→ 京都の庭 天龍寺
These Photos of Eikan-do Temple were taken in Kyoto, early Nobember 2013.
Tenryu-shisei Zen Temple as known as Tenryu-ji Temple, listed World Heritage, was established by the shogun Ashikaga Takauji in 1339. The backyard Garden was created by the eminent Zen master Muso Soseki, who was the famous garden designer and also the Tenryu-ji’s first head priest.
Walking around the Main Hall to the back garden. The main hall was rebuild in 1899.
There is the back garden beyond the main hall arranged a pond surrounded by pebbles, rocks and pine trees. The back garden characterized by its use of Arashiyama and Kameyama’s natural scenery around it.
It is the large-scale garden which can enjoy the autumn colors of the back mountains becoming the making use of the surrounding landscape. You can see the back garden sitting on veranda of the main hall.
The back garden survived for 700 years in its original form.
Walking from the main hall to the north gate, there is another garden called Hyakkaen.
The north gate is surrounded by the bamboo forest.
(Reproduction of photos without permission is prohibited.)
|Address||68 Susukinobaba-cho, Saga-Tenryuji, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto city, Kyoto|
|Open to visitors||8:30〜17:30 (Mar 21〜Oct 20）|
8:30〜17:00（Oct 21〜Mar 20）
|Admission Fee||Garden only: ¥500|
Tenryu-ji Garden and Buildings: Admission fees are the same as above, plus ¥100
Special Admission to the Cloud-Dragon Painting in the Hatto (Dharma Hall): ¥500
|Directions||Keifuku Dentetsu Arashiyama Line|
"Arashiyama Station" : 5 min walk
JR Sagano Line "Saga-Arashiyama" : 13 min walk
"Arashiyama Station" : 15 min walk
Genko-an Temple 源光庵
Shugakuin Imperial Villa 修学院離宮
Eikan-do Temple 永観堂